I have a small collection of yarn collected from magazines that I bought before I had even started learning to crochet and I want to work my way through that. One magazine had included two balls of Drops Cotton Light which is 50% cotton and 50% polyester.
For the violet ball I had, I decided to attempt to make my own sponge. I liked the look of this pattern however the pattern does not give the bobble effect you see on the finished photos. I decided to just follow the instructions as given with a 3.75mm hook and this is the result.
The sponge is worked in one long piece with directions on when to change colour if you’d like that sort of effect and is then folded and sewn together. I think next time, I’ll try to make sure the multiples are enough to do “proper” bobbles.